I’m a student just like you and I know how hard it is to study and how motivating yourself to study is even harder. You hardly feel like studying but you have to because you need that job or that promotion or a hike in salary, reputation, recognition or whatever it is you’re getting a degree or a professional qualification.
Instead of studying, you’re playing with your friends. Texting all day, watching movies, sleeping, or maybe you’re working on your side hustle.
You say an hour, but now it’s five hours and you haven’t even touched those books. You think of another side hustle (selling your books for cash because they are as good as new) but still no studying.
Finally, you have no choice and you begin. Under so much pressure, it’s obvious your motivation will take a hit. So to cheer you up and get those mood swings to a low, here are 101 motivational quotes to help you study harder.
The quotes presented here are divided among categories to make it easy for students to motivate themselves on topics that frustrate them the most.
Some may find procrastination a fatal enemy while some may find working hard a challenge, choose categories you best resonate with and use it to motivate yourself and top your exams.
101 Motivational Study Quotes To Help You Study Harder
Dealing with Procrastination
Procrastination is a problem we all face, there is no eliminating it. Procrastinating especially while studying for an exam or an entrance test can be easy. Thus to reduce it and increase your study time, here are a few great quotes to deal with procrastination.
1. Procrastination is like a credit card: it’s a lot of fun until you get the bill. – Christopher Parker
2. Action will destroy your Procrastination – Og Mandino
3. My biggest regret could be summed up in one word, and that’s procrastination. – Ron Cooper
4. The secret to getting ahead is getting started.
5. A procrastinator is one who loves to fail, success is not for him.
6. Procrastination makes easy things hard, hard things harder – Mason Cooley
7. A year from now You wish you had started today
8. Getting things over and done with is probably one of the best feelings yet.
9. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today. – Abraham Lincoln
10. Every day spent procrastinating is another day spent worrying about that thing. Do it now, and move on with your life.
During your exams, your focus might be on different papers. A focused mind helps you to perform better in exams. It’s essential to success in exams.
11. Good performance is about the capacity to focus and concentrate. – Betty Buckley
12. I finally learned to live in the present and focus only on what I want rather than what I don’t want. – Darren L. Johnson
13. Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed. – Paulo Coelho
14. Focus on your goals, not your fear. Focus like a laser beam on your goals. – Roy T. Bennett
15. Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it. – Steve Maraboli
16. Always remember, your focus determines your responsibility – George Lucas
17. Eliminate the mindset of Can’t! because you can do anything. – Tony Horton.
18. To create something exceptional, your mindset must be relentlessly focused on the smallest details. – Giorgio Armani
Working Harder each day
There is no way around working hard. You just have to do it. If you don’t study, don’t expect to get great marks. You can’t be lucky and get awesome marks. You’ve got to work hard.
19. Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it. – Henry Ford
20. I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. – Thomas Jefferson
21. Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard. – Tim Notke
22. You get what you work for not what you wish for
23. No matter how hard you’re working now, there is someone always working harder.
24. Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen. – Conan O’Brien
25. Work hard to get what you like, otherwise you’ll be forced to just like what you get.
26. The fruit of your own hard work is the sweetest. – Deepika Padukone
27. There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. – Colin Powell
28. Great things never come from comfort zones
Dedication & Determination
Are you a determined person? Dedication and determination go hand in hand. The two D’s can help you understand how much effort you will put to achieve your goals.
29. Use your strength, your passion, and your dedication to reach every single one of your goals.
30. You can’t expect everyone to have the same dedication as you. – Jeff Kinney
31. Determination is nothing without dedication and hard work. – Eshraq Jiad
32. Determination is doing what needs to be done even when you don’t feel like doing it.
33. Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. – Pele
34. There are two kinds of people in this world: those who want to get things done and those who don’t want to make mistakes. – John Maxwell
35. The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination. – Tommy Lasorda
36. Gold Medals aren’t really made out of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. – Dan Gable
37. Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value. – Albert Einstein
The only way you get better with managing your time is by being disciplined. Time management requires discipline and focus. Procrastination usually destroys your time devoted to study.
Understand that you only have 24 hours in a day and you have to do the hard work in that time itself. Otherwise, the outcome may not be favourable.
38. Time isn’t the main thing. It’s the only thing – Mike Davis
39. If you want to be more productive, you need to become a master of your minutes. – Crystal Paine
40. Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow.
41. Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else.
42. Nobody is too busy, it’s just a matter of priorities.
43. If you love procrastinating, don’t expect to be good at time management.
44. One way effective time management benefits you is that it makes you productive and efficient. – Ahad Gill
45. Realize that if you have time to whine and complain about something, then you have the time to do something about it. – Anthony J. D’Angelo
46. What you do today can improve all your tomorrows. – Ralph Marston
47. Half of our time is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save. – Will Rogers
48. It’s not the time to look for excuses. – Rafael Nadal
49. If not now, then why? Why wait, do it right now!
50. Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Distractions and Excuses
The easiest thing to get done with things is to give excuses. You didn’t score well in exams because you weren’t motivated to study or because the weather was dull or because your relatives came over to talk to you. Those are just excuses and distractions, nothing else. If you wanted to study, you would have.
51.Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses. – George Washington Carver
52. The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that’s the day you start to the top. – O.J. Simpson
53. You either have results or you give excuses. You can never do both.
54. People with integrity do what they say they are going to do. Others have excuses. – Laura Schlessinger
55. A man of excuses is already displaying failure.
56. Maturity comes when you stop making excuses and start making changes.
57. When you’re good at making excuses, it’s hard to excel at anything else. – John L. Mason
58. Be stronger than your excuses, it’s worth it.
59. Life is just too short to make excuses, be honest and face your fear.
60. Say NO to distractions so you can say yes to your destiny. – Thema Davis
61. They are always distractions, if you allow them. – Tony La Russa
62. I need distractions. Good distractions, not bad ones. A good distraction for me is a good play. – Danny Aiello
Handling Stress and Responsibilities
How do you handle stress? To help you deal with stress, here’s an article on 16 less stressful ways to be less stressful. If you study well, you may have a higher salary, a better job profile, a brighter future. If you don’t the opposite takes place.
You are responsible for what happens, not your dad, your mom and not your Aunt Alisha. Take ownership of your mistakes and your achievements.
63. Don’t stress. Do your best. Forget the rest.
64. Don’t stress the could haves, if it should have, it would have.
65. Times of stress are also times that are signals for growth, and if we use adversity properly, we can grow through adversity. – Abraham Twerski
66. Breath is the power behind all things. I breathe in and I know that good things will happen. – Tao Porchom-Lynch
67. Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is to relax. – Mark Black.
68. If stress burned calories, I’d be a supermodel.
69. It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it. – Lou Holtz
70. When stress is at its highest, just know it can only go down. – Tom Rataj
71. The people in your life should be a source of reducing stress, not causing it.
72. Stress, anxiety and depression are caused when we are living to please others. – Paulo Coelho
73. With great power comes great responsibility. – Ben Parker (Spiderman)
74. Accepting complete responsibility for your life means that you refuse to make excuses or blame others for anything in your life that you’re not happy about. – Brian Tracy
75. It’s only when you take responsibility for your life, that you discover how powerful you truly are! – Allanah Hunt
76. The choices we make are ultimately our responsibility. – Eleanor Roosevelt
77. The moment you take responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you can change anything in your life. – Hal Elrod
Believing in Yourself
It all starts with you believing in yourself. If you don’t, no one will. But if you believe in yourself, even the people that don’t believe in you will start to see your mighty confidence and praise you. Never give up on your dreams, it’s all possible, you’ve got to go and grab it, that’s all.
78. Slow progress is better than no progress.
79. There are only two options: Make progress or make excuses.
80. Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.
81. To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you’re not, pretend you are. – Muhammad Ali
82. The strongest factor for success is self-esteem: Believing you can do it, believing you deserve it and believing you’ll get it.
83. When you believe in yourself, you have 100% of the people you need on your side. – Anima Vitam
84. What you tell yourself every day will either lift you up or tear you down.
85. Trust yourself; believe that you have a unique destiny to fulfill. – Candy Paull
86. All things are possible if you believe.
87. Follow your dreams, believe in yourself and don’t give up. – Rachel Corrie
88. Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You gotta keep going. – Chantal Sutherland
89. To excel at the highest level – or any level, really – you need to believe in yourself, and hands down, one of the biggest contributors to my self-confidence has been private coaching. – Stephen Curry
Finding your WHY
Simon Sinek bestseller book, Start With Why is a must-read as it will help you find your WHY. Why is finding your Why important? Because it will make your life more logical and easier.
90. The purpose of human life is to serve and to show compassion and the will to help others. – Albert Schweitzer
91. The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows. – Sydney J. Harris
92. When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way. – Wayne Dyer
93. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. – Stephen Hawking
94. When your Why is big enough you will find your How.
95. Find your why and you’ll find your way. – John C. Maxwell
96. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. – Mark Twain
97. Make your life a masterpiece, imagine no limitations on what you can be, have or do. Brian Tracy
98. The purpose of our lives is to be happy. – Dalai Lama
99. Success is not Final; Failure is not Fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston S. Churchill
100. If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.
101. Why do you get up every morning, why do you do the things that make you happy or sad. Find your why and that will show you your way.
While these 101 motivational quotes will surely help you study and prepare for your exams, keep in mind that motivation is temporary, hard work and persistence is permanent. If you only do a given task properly (even if you’re not motivated) if that task is important to you. So make studying important and you’ll always be motivated to study.
If you like these motivational quotes, You may also like the article – 139 Financial Quotes That will Boost Your Financial IQ
Enjoyed this post? If so, you might like to subscribe to the TSM newsletter. It usually contains life lessons and money related topics, some interesting observations, links to interesting article or books I’ve read and tips to be a better person. If you’re interested in these things then subscribing will be simply wonderful 🙂